Home Based Care – Non-Accredited Training (5 Days)
The purpose of this course is to introduce learners to the various aspects of community Home Based Care and to encourage them to gain experience as Caregivers in their respective communities.
Duration: 40 Hours (5 Days)
H B C Course
Assess the client’s situation and assist and support both client and family to manage home based health care.
An attendance certificate will be issued on completion of the course.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of disease and disability
- Assist in the management of the client’s condition and treatment
- Assist with mobility and the prevention of complications
- Identify when to refer the client or family
- Reading, writing and communication skills : Communication at NFQ Level 1
- Mathematical literacy at NQF L 1
Who should attend
- Members from marginalised communities
- Home Makers to be trained in Caregiver duties
- Employees in Old Age Homes / Care Centres
- Community Health Workers (Ancillary Health Workers)
- Community volunteers
The following Centres:
- Cape Town
- East London
- Fish Hoek
- Port Elizabeth
St John is a registered Training Centre with the Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa.
Buy your first aid kit online
As a non-profit organisation, St John depends on your generosity to sustain a variety of community health projects in South Africa
Your donation provides hope for healthier and brighter futures.