Cool the burn immediately in running cool water.
- Cool the burn immediately in cool water. If you cannot do this, pour cool water on the area or cover it with a clean, wet cloth.
- Never rub butter or oily dressings onto a burn area.
- Cool the burn until the pain has lessened.
- Loosen or remove anything on or near the burn area that is tight e.g. jewelry or clothing.
- When the pain has lessened, loosely cover the burn with a clean, fluff-free dressing.
- Monitor the casualty for shock whilst arranging for medical help.
A downloadable and printable infographic of this information can be found here.
Shop your Covid-19 prevention products here
As a non-profit organisation, St John depends on your generosity to sustain a variety of community health projects in South Africa
Your donation provides hope for healthier and brighter futures.